The first Friday Night Dinner that is actually on time! Tonight we are making Rocky Road Cookies for Dean! Recipe after the break
Heart brushes in Dean photo created by Eraweb
Rocky Road Cookies
(makes 48 Cookies)
Cake recipe adapted from The AWW Cooking School
[Lorelai grabs the bag of cookies]
LORELAI: What is this? You hate rocky road cookies.
RORY: I do not. [takes the bag back.]
LORELAI: Oh, I’m sorry. That must be my other daughter, Schmory.
RORY: We’re leaving now.
LORELAI: Wait a minute. I know who likes rocky road cookies.
LORELAI: Dean. They’re for Dean.
SOOKIE: She’s bringing baked goods to a boy. Wow, serious!
LORELAI: [in high voice] Here Dean, these cookies are for you, ’cause you’re keen.
SOOKIE: Rory’s in love!
LORELAI: Love, love, love, Dean, Dean, Dean!
SOOKIE: [singing] Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies for the love and the . . .
LORELAI: [singing] Dean and the love and the Dean and the love and the Dean and the love. . .
500g Butter, softened
2 cups Icing Sugar, sifted
2 Tbs Cocoa Powder, sifted
5 cups Plain Flour, sifted
1/4 cup Marshmallows, chopped up
1/4 cup Lolly Raspberries, chopped up
1/3 cup Peanuts, chopped up
1/3 cup white and dark chocolate, chopped up
- Beat butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder on high until light brown and fluffy.
- Move to a larger bowl and add marshmallows, lolly raspberries, peanuts and chocolate. Mix in until all combined.
- All in half the flour and mix with a spatula until all combined. Then add the rest of the flour and mix it in!
- Split the mixture in half and knead on a lightly floured surface. Mine didn’t want to be one piece but hopefully yours will! Keep the dough as cold as possible and try not to over knead.
- Only it’s holding it’s shape (even if it’s not you can improvise), roll it in to two log shapes and wrap tightly in glad wrap. Do the same with the other half of the dough. You should have 4 logs in total.
- Leave dough logs in fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Take dough out of fridge and unwrap. Cut the log into 1 cm slices, approximately 12 cookies per log.
- Place the cookies on tray, make sure they are not touching. They shouldn’t spread but distance is still good!
- Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes until the marshamllows has melted a bit and the cookies have started to brown.
- Take out of oven and place cookies on a wire tray to cool down
- NOW EAT ALL THE COOKIES